VanderCook Scholars Program
In keeping with our founder’s philosophy that music education should be available to anyone, VanderCook College of Music is committed to maintaining an affordable, competitive tuition. VCM awards financial assistance to 100% of its full-time undergraduate students and our Financial Aid staff works to maximize aid through scholarships, grants and loans.
VanderCook Scholars Information
Current high school seniors looking to turn their passion for music into a career may be eligible for the VanderCook Scholars Program. A student who is accepted into this program will receive a four-year FREE tuition scholarship.
*Tuition will be paid in full after Federal and State grants and/or scholarships are applied (e.g. PELL, MAP, MTI, Golden Apple, etc). Scholarship recipients are responsible for housing expenses and fees normally associated with the cost of attendance.
Eligibility and Criteria for Consideration:
- Applicants must be current high school seniors entering college in the fall with an unweighted cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Candidates must perform at a high level, as demonstrated by their VanderCook audition scores, high school director recommendation and/or All-State participation.
- Candidates must gain acceptance into the VanderCook Bachelor of Music Education or Bachelor of Music in Performance and Pedagogy program.
- Candidates must attend VCM as a full-time student for four years.
Note: VanderCook Scholars may qualify for the Performer’s Certificate Program. Eligible students may choose to concurrently participate in this performance-oriented program, designed to recognize students who demonstrate exceptional performance ability.
Criteria for Award Continuance:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Remain in good standing with all departments of the College
- Participate in major ensembles every semester
- Meet performance-level criteria to remain in the VanderCook Scholars Program
- Demonstrate leadership, volunteerism, and service to the College
VanderCook Scholars Program Timeline:
- December 31st: VanderCook Scholars Program Priority Deadline Note: Students applying for the VanderCook Scholars Program seeking priority consideration must complete their application by this priority deadline with FAFSA information being received by the VanderCook Admissions Office no later than February 1st.
- February 15th: VanderCook Scholars Program Final Application and Audition Submission Deadline
- March 1st: VanderCook Scholars announced
- March 22nd: VanderCook Scholars Program Decision Day
For more information, contact [email protected].
Every Gift Matters…
Gifts to VanderCook come in many forms and sizes and each one truly makes a difference. You may wonder how a small contribution can matter to the college – how it can “make a dent.” Combined with other donor gifts, even a relatively minor contribution can make a major impact.