VanderCook College of Music
How to Apply
Undergraduate Application Procedure
Students considering enrollment in VanderCook’s undergraduate programs should contact the Admissions Office. Our admissions personnel are trained to assist you in completing your application and answering your questions about VCM. Campus tours, interviews, and auditions may be arranged at most times throughout the year. Applicants for undergraduate programs should complete the following steps:
- Complete the Undergraduate Online Application. Please refer to the Admission Requirements page for details about completing your application.
- Submit all required materials along with your completed application (high school transcript or GED certificate; ACT or SAT scores; $35.00 non-refundable application fee). Please refer to the Admission Requirements page for complete details.
- Contact the Admissions Office at 312.788.1120 to schedule an audition and interview. Audition criteria are available here.
Applicants are notified of admissions decisions once the application process is complete. (In general, this decision is made within two weeks of receipt of all materials, although delays may occur during semester breaks.)
Students accepted into the College must submit a tuition deposit of $100 by May 1 (or December 1 if beginning study in the spring semester) to indicate their intent to enroll at VanderCook College of Music. This deposit is non-refundable.
All required materials must be received by the Admissions Office no later than the following deadlines:
- March 1st: Undergraduate application due for priority scholarship consideration
- May 1st: Deposit for fall semester due
- August 1st: Final rolling acceptance deadline
VanderCook Scholars Timeline
High school seniors looking to turn their passion for music into a career may be eligible for the VanderCook Scholars Program. A student who is accepted into the VanderCook Scholars Program will receive a four-year FREE tuition scholarship. To be eligible, candidates must be accepted into the Bachelor of Music Education Program and attend VCM as a full-time student for four years.
Tuition will be paid in full after Federal and State grants and/or scholarships are applied (e.g. PELL, MAP, MTI, Golden Apple, etc). Scholarship recipients are responsible for housing expenses and fees normally associated with the cost of attendance.
Every Gift Matters…
Gifts to VanderCook come in many forms and sizes and each one truly makes a difference. You may wonder how a small contribution can matter to the college – how it can “make a dent.” Combined with other donor gifts, even a relatively minor contribution can make a major impact.