VanderCook College of Music
How to Apply
Graduate Application Procedure
Candidates considering enrolling in VanderCook College of Music should contact the Admissions Office. Our admissions personnel are trained to assist you in completing your application, and to answer your questions about the college. Applicants for the MMEd program should follow the following procedure:
- Complete the Graduate Application.
- Submit all official transcripts* indicating graduation from an accredited college or university as well as any previously completed graduate level coursework. Applicants who wish to receive credit for graduate courses completed elsewhere should include a written request with their application. It is strongly recommended that course descriptions accompany these requests.
- Applicants are notified of admissions decisions after admissions files are complete. (In general, this decision is made within two weeks of receipt of all materials, although delays may occur during semester breaks.)
- VanderCook has a rolling deadline for the graduate program; however, students accepted into the college should submit a tuition deposit of $100 as an indication of their intent to enroll at VanderCook. This deposit is non-refundable.
* Applicants whose undergraduate cumulative grade point averages fall below a 3.0 may be asked take the GRE and have the scores submitted to the Admissions Office before an admissions decision can be made.
Questions? Contact the Admissions Office at [email protected] or 312.788.1120.
Every Gift Matters…
Gifts to VanderCook come in many forms and sizes and each one truly makes a difference. You may wonder how a small contribution can matter to the college – how it can “make a dent.” Combined with other donor gifts, even a relatively minor contribution can make a major impact.