Share your Passion
Share Your Passion Annual Campaign
Every day those at VanderCook strive to offer our students the finest musical education possible. Like nearly all private colleges, tuition simply does not cover the high costs of a contemporary music education. Everyday, our students need:
- Faculty who are highly trained and prepared to teach and mentor students from their first day on campus to the day they graduate.
- Musical instruments that produce a good tone and are in good repair
- Well ventilated, climate controlled work environments
- Access to libraries of music, periodicals, books, recordings, and other media
- Contemporary computers to prepare 21st century educators for a world in constant flux with new ways of communicating, collaborating and creating.
- Video and audio recording technologies.
- Support services from business management to financial aid to advising to tutoring.
- Desks, chairs, stands, white boards, recordings, books, podiums, tables, tablets, pencils, envelopes, stamps, brooms, mops, vacuum cleaners, curtains, shades, and more.
A gift to Share Your Passion helps to fill the gap between tuition dollars and the reality of operating a world-class institution. Unrestricted gifts also provide a buffer so that the College is able to continue its good work despite fluctuations in the market and the number of students who enroll in a given year. Without the support of the hundreds of individuals who give an unrestricted gift each year, VanderCook simply could not survive.
Is it worth it? Of course the answer is a resounding YES. Consider the impact of ONE MUSIC TEACHER. That individual typically works in a school where they teach between 50 and as many as 500 students in a single week. In a typical year, they will present between four and as many as 20 concerts or special events – musicals; choir, orchestra and band performances; mariachi, chamber ensemble, jazz band concerts, and much more – for the families in their communities. Over time, they prepare the musicians, philanthropists and audience members of tomorrow. They also provide children and young adults with glimpses to the future. Multiply the work of one teacher by the number of VanderCook alumni who work in every state in the nation and the number of children and families touched by a VanderCook graduate explodes into the thousands.
VanderCook graduates enrich the lives of others everyday. Please consider a gift to make this possible for the future.
“The music department is an alternate universe where pupils are often unrecognizable from who they are outside of it. The shy become confident. The agitated become calm. The lonely become included. The quiet become heard. And the lost become heard. Music reveals the real child.”
Shared by Vaughan Fleischfresser, VCM alumnus
Every Gift Matters…
Gifts to VanderCook come in many forms and sizes and each one truly makes a difference. You may wonder how a small contribution can matter to the college – how it can “make a dent.” Combined with other donor gifts, even a relatively minor contribution can make a major impact.