A candidate who wishes to transfer credits from another institution or testing organization (AP, IB, or CLEP) to VanderCook must submit official transcripts and a written request to the Dean of Graduate Studies.

Transfer credits to be applied to the portion of the program focusing on general education, professional education, and other licensure requirements may be accepted in transfer if earned at an accredited college or university, provided they are comparable to courses offered at VanderCook and were completed within seven years (three years for technology courses) prior to admission.  All official transcripts for prior courses must be submitted during the admission process (exceptions to this policy should be discussed with the graduate dean).  Grades below C are not acceptable for transfer.  Prior academic work is not factored into the VanderCook GPA.

Advanced Placement / International Baccalaureate

VanderCook participates in the Advanced Placement Program of the College Entrance Examination Board, allowing both college credit and placement for courses completed successfully by secondary school students. Scores of 3, 4, and 5 as reported by the College Board, with review and approval by the dean, will entitle the secondary school graduate to apply the credit awarded for a similar course offered on campus. Successful completion of International Baccalaureate courses may also be considered for credit.

College Level Examination Program

VanderCook gives credit for successful completion of the College Level Examination Program sponsored by the College Entrance Examination Board. Exams must be cleared by the dean.

Current Enrollment and Transfer Credit

Candidates enrolled at VanderCook may wish to enroll in courses at other institutions and apply earned transfer credits toward their degree at VanderCook. Written permission must be obtained from the dean before registration at other institutions. Only classes taken at VanderCook are factored into the VanderCook cumulative GPA.

TCEP candidates may not apply MECA continuing education credits to the entitlement program without permission of the graduate dean.

VanderCook College of Music - (312) 225-6288