Summer 2022 MECA
Continuing Education Courses
Smith Walbridge Drill Design Clinic
1. All registrations must be completed and received with full tuition payment by July 11, 2022.
2. Students must attend 12.5 hours of concerts, clinics and/or lectures for each semester hour of credit taken.
3. Prior to the clinic, students will receive access to Schoology (VanderCook’s LMS) on July 13, 2022 at 12:00pm (Noon, CST). Prior to the start of Smith Walbridge Drill Design Clinic, students will engage in discussions and provide a detailed plan of the sessions they plan to attend. Following the Smith Walbridge Drill Design Clinic, students are required to participate in two discussions and respond to at least two discussion submissions by their peers. Students will submit written responses summarizing and critiquing all sessions and concerts attended. PDFs of all handouts, concert programs and other supporting materials must also be submitted with assignments.
4. All discussions and uploads must be completed and submitted by July 31, 2022.
Educators seeking credit must also register with Smith Walbridge. For more information and registration please visit the Smith Walbridge webpage. MECA pricing does not include any fees associated with Smith Walbridge Drill Design Clinic.
Smith Walbridge Drill Design Clinic Description:
- The Drill Design Clinic is a hands-on experience focusing on class instruction and individual assistance in writing your own drill. The clinic is designed for beginners and experienced users of Pyware. For those with little or no experience, learn the fundamentals of using the Pyware software and basics of drill design techniques. For those who already know the basic of Pyware, the clinic expands upon the ins and outs of the software, and gain advice writing one’s own drill with the aid of a clinician. While computers will be provided in a lab, participants are encouraged to bring their own “Pyware 3D Interactive” loaded notebook computers for use during the clinic.
- Date and Location: July 15th-17th on the campus of Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, IL (in-person only).
- Cost: $315 (includes all housing, meals, instruction), or $245 (includes instruction and lunch/dinner during clinic duration).
- More info and registration at www.swclinics.com
For additional information, please contact us at: [email protected].
Schoology is a learning management system that allows you to interact directly with your instructors, fellow students, and members of the greater VanderCook community.
Soon after you register, be on the lookout for an email from Schoology with log-in instructions. Once you receive credentials, visit www.online.vandercook.edu to login.
Some courses have specific online chat meeting times (please see course descriptions), while others have a flexible meeting schedule. You can expect all courses to meet together in a live online chat. If a live meeting time doesn’t work, you can work with your instructor to make other arrangements.
More information about Schoology can be found at www.schoology.com
Online course grades are available within two weeks of the course(s) completion. If you need a transcript, please CLICK HERE to access the online transcript request form. For a faster turnaround time, please submit the transcript request to the registrar prior to the end of your course(s).