Late Spring 2024 MECA
Continuing Education Courses
North American Brass Band Championships 2024: Experience and Retrospective
Mark your calendars for the North American Brass Band Championships taking place at the Van Braun Center in Huntsville, Alabama, on April 5 and 6, 2024. The event will feature a variety of brass bands, soloists, ensembles, and professional development sessions.
VanderCook College of Music offers participants of North American Brass Band Championships (NABBA 2024) an opportunity to earn 1 Graduate Credit (one semester hour) by attending 12.5 hours clinic sessions and concerts followed by the submission of observation summary outlines and reflection essays.
* Participants will be required to compile 6 session reports.
– Two session reports are required to be concert performances.
– Two session reports are required to be clinic sessions.
– Two session reports can be of the participant’s choosing
* Each session report will include the following
– Participants are to upload scans of handouts, concert programs, or share session links to Schoology (VanderCook’s Online learning platform) for each session.
– Participants are to develop written summary outlines (or notes) of each session.
– Participants are to write personal reflection essay reports (2-3 pages) of each
All required course material must be completed and submitted by May 7, 2024.
None. Please keep copies of any handouts or PDFs that are provided.
Learning Platform Information (Online Courses Only)
Schoology is a learning management system that allows you to interact directly with your instructors, fellow students, and members of the greater VanderCook community.
The evening before your class begins, be on the lookout for an email from Schoology with log-in instructions. Once you receive credentials, visit www.online.vandercook.edu to login.
Some courses have specific online chat meeting times (please see course descriptions), while others have a flexible meeting schedule. You can expect all courses to meet together in a live online chat. If a live meeting time doesn’t work, you can work with your instructor to make other arrangements.
More information about Schoology can be found at www.schoology.com
Please see specific software/hardware requirements in the course description.
Online course grades are available within two weeks of the course(s) completion. If you need a transcript, please CLICK HERE to access the online transcript request form. For a faster turnaround time, please submit the transcript request to the registrar prior to the end of your course(s).