Summer 2023 MECA
Continuing Education Courses
Music For All Summer Symposium Director Academy: A Retrospective (Ball State University at Muncie, IN)
- All registrations must be completed and received with full tuition payment by June 19, 2023.
- Students must attend 12.5 hours of concerts, clinics and/or lectures for each semester hour of credit taken.
- Prior to the conference, students will receive access to Schoology (VanderCook’s LMS) on June 20, 2023 at 12:00pm (Noon, CST). Prior to the start of Music For All Director Academy, students will engage in discussions and provide a detailed plan of the sessions they plan to attend. Following the MFA Director Academy, students are required to participate in two discussions and respond to at least two discussion submissions by their peers. Students will submit written responses summarizing and critiquing all sessions and concerts attended. PDFs of all handouts, concert programs and other supporting materials must also be submitted with assignments.
- Information to help you throughout the symposium:
- Concert Sessions – Review and reflect on each concert you attend.
- Why did you choose it?
- What did you enjoy about the concert?
- Are there any take-aways for you: repertoire or conducting ideas?
- Interest Sessions
- What did you take away from the experience?
- Is this something you will continue to investigate or explore?
Please be thoughtful and detailed in your descriptions and keep the core competencies of evaluation, visualization, prioritization and organization, and communication in mind as your write.
Create a series of documents to review and reflect on each session then describe how this can apply to your current teaching or a future one. Are there any areas that you want to investigate more on your own?
Please take copious notes and keep handouts. These should also be included in your documentation. Have a great conference!
- All discussions and uploads must be completed and submitted by July 15, 2023.
Educators seeking credit must also register with Music For All for the Director Academy. Please visit the Music For All Director Academy webpage for additional information. MECA pricing does not include any fees associated with Music For All Directors Academy.
For additional information, please contact us at: [email protected].
None. Please keep copies of any handouts or PDFs you receive.
Learning Platform Information - Online Courses Only
Schoology is a learning management system that allows you to interact directly with your instructors, fellow students, and members of the greater VanderCook community.
The evening before your class begins, be on the lookout for an email from Schoology with log-in instructions. Once you receive credentials, visit www.online.vandercook.edu to login.
Some courses have specific online chat meeting times (please see course descriptions), while others have a flexible meeting schedule. You can expect all courses to meet together in a live online chat. If a live meeting time doesn’t work, you can work with your instructor to make other arrangements.
More information about Schoology can be found at www.schoology.com
Please see specific software/hardware requirements in the course description.
Online course grades are available within two weeks of the course(s) completion. If you need a transcript, please CLICK HERE to access the online transcript request form. For a faster turnaround time, please submit the transcript request to the registrar prior to the end of your course(s).