Fall 2020 MECA, Summer 2021 MECA, Summer 2022 MECA
Continuing Education Courses
Introduction to Orff Schulwerk
This course provides an opportunity to experience the Orff approach, a hands-on, creative method for teaching general music. Students will sing, play barred instruments and other percussion as well as recorder, dance, and most of all, create!
Discussions focus on how this approach can impact curriculum and assessment as well as how it aligns with the Danielson Framework and Common Core Standards.
- Understand the basics of the Orff approach
- Play the Orff instruments appropriately
- Teach basic recorder in the Orff style
- Read and teach basic Orff orchestrations
- Teach basic creative movement in the general music setting
- Teach basic folk dancing in the general music setting
- Foster creativity, collaboration, communication, and critical thinking in students through exploration and improvisation
- Integrate singing, movement and instrumental playing in a musical and child-friendly way
Schoology is a learning management system that allows you to interact directly with your instructors, fellow students, and members of the greater VanderCook community.
Soon after you register, be on the lookout for an email from Schoology with log-in instructions. Once you receive credentials, visit www.online.vandercook.edu to login.
Some courses have specific online chat meeting times (please see course descriptions), while others have a flexible meeting schedule. You can expect all courses to meet together in a live online chat. If a live meeting time doesn’t work, you can work with your instructor to make other arrangements.
More information about Schoology can be found at www.schoology.com
Online course grades are available within two weeks of the course(s) completion. If you need a transcript, please CLICK HERE to access the online transcript request form. For a faster turnaround time, please submit the transcript request to the registrar prior to the end of your course(s).